Sunday, February 23, 2014

"The World's End"

Today I'm leaving for Antarctica for the next 2 weeks aboard the Ocean Diamond by Quark Expeditions. There will be no internet on the boat so I'm just warning you that there will be no blog posts for at least 2 weeks! Sorry guys!! :(
I've been in the town of Ushuaia  (the southern most town in the world) for the last 2 weeks, waiting for my ship to leave for Antarctica. They call this town "The end of the world". At first, I thought it was cute and quaint and I was having fun exploring it. But after a while, the novelty wears off.  I'm ready to pull my hair out from boredom!! I don't do well being stationary! So you can imagine how excited I am for this day to be here!
What makes this day so special is that it is the last of the 7 continents of the world that I will travel to. This is as successful of a day for me as a businessman getting a promotion to the top of the ladder.
I've finally made it!! It meant a lot of hard work and sacrifices, but it was all worth it.
I will be busy catching up on my blogs on the ship so I can post them once I get back to Internet land!
Until then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment